Thursday, December 12, 2013

The Beginning

It is I, Raine, returning to blogging after A REALLY LONG TIME.

This year has been awesome.  I got married, went to my first Canucks game, wandered into a bunch of temples in Japan, ate crab in SF, quit my job, and now I'm trying to figure out what I want to do next with my life.

On My List:

1. Clean up our apartment - After the wedding, we moved two apartments into one big apartment but it is now bursting at the seams.  Throw in the wedding gifts and his boardgames and my comic books and his video games and my clothes, PLUS the Christmas Tree - we are definitely unloading a lot of things.  New rule: if we haven't used it in a year, it's going away.

2. Cello Lessons - I've never had a music class. Nope. So. Yeah, this is pretty ambitious for me.  But I've always loved cello music. We'll see.

3. Get Back Into Shape - After turning thirty, my genes kicked in and it feels like my body is slowly inflating. It doesn't help that the women in my family get bigger after their late 20s, so I am fighting my genes.  Now I am not the most coordinated of people, so I need to start with something easy. Of course, Vancouver is yoga land, and outdoor activities central so I may need to look into this. I've had to throw away some jeans because I'm wearing out holes in the thigh area. WHAAAAT? I've never been this fat before.

4. Photography - going back to this. I've always loved photography.  My goal is to get to know my camera a little better, and maybe take a couple of classes.

5. Brain food - I need to kickstart my brain again.

6. Paperwork - Now that I'm officially Mrs. Lam, I'll need a new passport and docs, plus applications for a green card, etc.

7. New Job Hunting - Here we go.

So yes, here are a few things to start with.

Cheers!




No comments:

Post a Comment