Saturday, January 3, 2015

The Hobbit: The Battle of The Five Armies - Favourite Things :D

So Alex and I watched the final installment of The Hobbit: The Battle of The Five Armies last night at the AMC Santa Monica.  It was like running the last mile of a marathon. The end is in sight, and you're pretty exhausted, you just want this to be over. Also, the fire alarm went off in the last ten minutes of the movie, so we had to evacuate then come back in to catch the ending. 
Some favourite things:

Thranduil's MOOSE!  It may be the Canadian me but I was squeeing everytime the moose came on . Also, it is a pretty badass moose, hanging orcs out to dry on it's enormous rack. In fact, let's include all the steeds in the show!

Dain's Pig: 

                  Thorin's Goat (Couldn't find a photo so I linked to this instead)

And of course, who can forget Radagast the Brown's Bunny Sled:


Second thing! The eagles! Better late than never, I always say.  Although I think the Windlords may secretly be attention whores, since they like coming in AT THE VERY LAST MINUTE to save the day.  Also, they dropped A BEAR into the orc horde. How many eagles does it take to carry a bear the size of Beorn?


Three. Thranduil (Lee Pace!) Oh, he so sassy!




So... I won't say any more, and if you watched the other movies I do recommend watching it, just to get it over with,  I do agree with a lot of online opinions that they STREEEETCHED it out to three movies for a cash grab, there were so many unnecessary scenes in this one.  But, it's over. It's finally over. (Or at least until Silmarillon)

Cheers and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment